Official compiler

Radu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 25 00:13:57 PST 2016

On Thursday, 25 February 2016 at 03:05:21 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 2/18/2016 9:52 AM, Kai Nacke wrote:
>> I really like the compiler diversity.
>
> Me too. Having 3 major implementations is a great source of
> strength for D.

This needs to go further, currently there is no up to date, high
performance, cross architecture compiler.

The way I see it is to integrate one of the compilers, best
candidate is LDC, in  the release cycle.

I know that LDC is really close to get to 2.70 level, if mainline
will only be for regressions and bug fixes for a while, there is
a good chance LDC could catch up and be part of the daily
merge-auto-tester loop. This will lower the pressure to
constantly merge from LDC and allow to focus on other parts of
the LDC compiler.

Can this be attainable?