Unum II announcement

Robbert van Dalen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 25 02:36:08 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 24 February 2016 at 21:43:59 UTC, Nick B wrote:
> On Wednesday, 24 February 2016 at 20:11:39 UTC, Robbert van
> Dalen wrote:
>> Sorry to hijack this thread, but I think unum II is the best
>> thing since sliced bread!
>
> :)
>

>> It would be great if Dr. Gustafson would initiate a google
>> group so we can discuss the inner workings of unum II. If not,
>> I guess I will start one :)
>
> Where do you suggest that such a group hang out ?
>
> Robert, what is your background ?
>
> I have asked Dr. Gustafson how he would like to respond to some
> of the questions raised on this forum.
>
> Nick

Nick,

I've just asked Dr. Gustafson to create a group on his behalf and
he was fine with it:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/unum-computing

  It would be nice if you'd subscribe to it:

BTW. my background is 3D computer graphics and computer
programming languages.
I'm interested in unum II because it appears to be a very neat
(closed) algebra, even under division by 0.

I've been dabbling with division with zero in the past, and
studied the wheel algebra and meadows algebra (both allow
division by zero).

I'm not sure (yet) but it appears that unum II has similar nice
properties like wheels and meadows. (and more!)

Robbert.