Official compiler

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 25 08:51:36 PST 2016

On Thursday, 25 February 2016 at 09:04:17 UTC, Russel Winder
wrote:
> I wonder if anyone has noticed, or appreciated that, all the
> trendy, hipster cloud based CI servers support Go, sometimes
> C++ and C (sort of), but not Rust, or D.

Travis CI, which is probably the one "trendy, hipster" service
most would think of, has been supporting D for quite some while
now due to Martin Nowak's great work. (He put Iain's name and
mine on it too, but we didn't really contribute at all.)

Of course, there is always room for improving the integration
with this and similar services. When I'm saying that dividing the
attention between three compilers is a strategic mistake, it's
not because I doubt that having multiple compilers is not a nice
thing to have. It certainly is. But I'm convinced that expending
the same amount of effort on the wider ecosystem would get us
much farther.

  — David