Official compiler

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 26 02:41:31 PST 2016

On Thu, 2016-02-25 at 22:19 -0800, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
[…]

> One thing I adore about github is it provides a legal audit trail of
> where the
> code came from. While that proves nothing about whether contributions
> are stolen
> or not, it provides a date stamp (like my registered copyright did),
> and if
> stolen code does make its way into the code base, it can be precisely
> excised.
> Github takes a great load off my mind.
[…]

Has there been case law in the USA that gives a Git log official status
as a record of history? I haven't done a detailed search here, but I am
not aware of any case law in the UK on this. Other jursidictions will
have their own rules obviously.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk