A suggestion for dub

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 28 20:56:38 PST 2016

On 29/02/16 5:46 PM, mahdi wrote:
> I just want to get some feedback to see if this is a good idea or no.
>
> I propose adding a new command to dub (`dub dist` or `dub package`)
> which will produce a zipped version of the current package. This zip
> file can be uploaded to a central repository (code.dlang.com maybe), and
> others can use this package in their `dub.json` file by adding relevant
> dependency (Behind the scene, dub will fetch and decompress the package).

Most of the work is already done.
code.dlang.org already grabs a zip of the contents of the repo from e.g.
Github.
Dub then just downloads + extracts it. However I don't think its cached
on code.dlang.org side.

Basically the hard part is writing a new provider and adding the ability
to upload via api.

Of course the implementation may have changed in the last year or so.