A suggestion for dub

Sebastiaan Koppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 29 01:46:36 PST 2016

On Monday, 29 February 2016 at 09:27:50 UTC, sigod wrote:
> On Monday, 29 February 2016 at 08:02:51 UTC, mahdi wrote:
>> On Monday, 29 February 2016 at 06:10:17 UTC, Chris Wright
>> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> The aim is to make package distribution easier and more
>> straightforward. If someone has done some development on his
>> local machine and wants to distribute it, it's better not to
>> force him to create a repo on Github or ... .
>
> And you end up creating your own repository hosting. Or you
> would allow users to not use (D)VCS. Which will end up as a
> nightmare.

Yeah that would be a nightmare. Plus the storage requirements.
Better have github/bitbucket do it for you.

The thing I do run into occasionally is when I am modifying two
dub package, where one depends on the other, and I am pushing a
new version/tag to github. It generally takes a while before
code.dlang.org picks up on new versions being available, and
until that time I cannot compile the other package which depends
on the new version.

Locally I can do `dub add-local`, but I don't want to do that on
the CI, nor on other developers machine whenever they get my
updated dub.json.

Granted, it doesn't take that long, but seeing how fast other
services pick up on github/bitbucket changes (wercker starts
building a mere 0.5 secs after a push), I wonder why
code.dlang.org is being so slow about it.