A suggestion for dub

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 29 09:07:39 PST 2016

Am 29.02.2016 um 16:09 schrieb Sebastiaan Koppe:
> On Monday, 29 February 2016 at 10:07:56 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> We will at some point have to implement the use of push notifications
>> for changes, but that requires some work (supporting GitHub-OAuth and
>> implementing the push endpoint) and it requires the repositories to be
>> re-registered with OAuth.
>
> Does code.dlang.org have a public repo? I could help out with some impl.
> details.

That would be great! The public repo is at
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dub-registry

>> BTW, there is a "Trigger manual update" button on the package
>> management page. If you are the owner, you can usually get instant
>> updates that way.
>
> My experience with that button has been mixed.

So the behavior that Mike outlined is generally correct. Although it has
to be said that there were times where a single sweep through all
repositories took about half an hour (now about 5 minutes), so the
button was rarely effective back then. During the last few weeks, that
task starvation bug also frequently caused the queue to stall for about
2 hours, so that could be another reason. But apart from that, I usually
get instant updates in maybe about 95% of the cases.