A suggestion for dub

Sebastiaan Koppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 29 10:55:48 PST 2016

On Monday, 29 February 2016 at 17:07:39 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> That would be great! The public repo is at
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dub-registry

Will have a look.

> So the behavior that Mike outlined is generally correct.
> Although it has to be said that there were times where a single
> sweep through all repositories took about half an hour (now
> about 5 minutes), so the button was rarely effective back then.
> During the last few weeks, that task starvation bug also
> frequently caused the queue to stall for about 2 hours, so that
> could be another reason. But apart from that, I usually get
> instant updates in maybe about 95% of the cases.

My past experiences were ok. I hit the button, the page
refreshes, and it tells me how many packages are queued before
mine. Then its just waiting until the counter hits zero.

Recently I don't see this x-queued-before-you message anymore,
and no matter how often I press the button, or refresh, nothing
seems to happen. Until it does. But by that time I have already
switched to some other task.

Maybe my updates just coincided with that starvation bug. Who
knows.

Regardless, lets focus on those push notifications.