A suggestion for modules names / sharing code between projects

Sebastien Alaiwan via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 29 12:00:48 PST 2016

On Monday, 29 February 2016 at 19:23:08 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> My solution would be to never have the same file be part of
> multiple projects. Share code using libraries rather than just
> sharing the files. Then modules won't be changing where they
> are in a project or anything like that. The shared code goes
> into a library, and whichever projects need it link against
> that library. You get better modularization and encapsulation
> that way and completely avoid the problem that you're having.
Thanks for your answer ; from what I understand, you're basically
telling me to only import binary/precompiled libraries, right?

Although I had to admit I had never considered this solution,
never have the same file be part of multiple projects seems
extremely restrictive to me.
How is it going to work if I want to share heavily templated
code, like a container library?