Proposal: Database Engine for D

Kapps via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 1 02:00:43 PST 2016

On Thursday, 31 December 2015 at 17:14:55 UTC, Piotrek wrote:

>   struct Person
>   {
>    string name;
>    string surname;
>    ubyte age;
>    Address address;
>   }
>
>  DataBase db = new DataBase("file.db");
>  auto coll = db.collection!Person("NSA.Registry");
>  auto visitationList = coll.filter!(p => p.name == "James");
>  writeln (visitationList);

This example shows the difficulty of doing this in D. You can't
really have something like `p.Name == "James"`, or `p.Age < 21`
translate to SQL properly without language changes, which I
believe Walter or Andrei were against. This has been the key
problem when things like Linq to Sql for D have been brought up
before.