TIOBE December 2015 - D rose 5 positions

Bubbasaur via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 1 16:48:25 PST 2016

On Friday, 1 January 2016 at 23:12:39 UTC, rsw0x wrote:
> doesn't seem very reliable
> haskell at 39? go at 50?
> doesn't even seem remotely close to Google Trend's data for
> programming languages, for example
> https://www.google.com/trends/explore#cmpt=q&q=/m/01kbt7,+/m/03j_q,+/m/09gbxjr&cat=0-5-31

I see your point, but if you see the google trends "related
searches" for "D" in the link you gave, you will see 2 terms that
are not related:

%d
java d

So again I don't know how the google trends works, because if you
see "Regional Interest" for D, it only shows: USA.

About TIOBE for what I saw the metric is based on search and
articles related to each language.

And there is at least some reasonable points there, like for
example: Java which is now in first like swift going to 14th
place, both I think because mobile market.

Others languages seems reasonable too.

Anyway like I said at least it is a good news for D community.

Bubba.