D forbearance(Official backing of libs)

Jason Jeffory via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 1 17:38:20 PST 2016

On Saturday, 2 January 2016 at 01:26:30 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> So, if you consider me a "top dog" then yes we're getting it.
> Of course I am only really a commoner round these parts.
>
> I'm almost ready to ask for feedback for windowing and image
> library (stage 1 and 2 out of like 4 for each).
>
> Now in terms of audio, honestly?
> Its a difficult task, unless you're into that area you won't be
> writing the primitives or input/output mechanisms.
>
> Lastly a GUI toolkit. Of course everyone wants that in Phobos.
> Yeah not going to happen. At least once we have all the more
> core libraries in Phobos we can start experimenting in creating
> them.
>
> Hopefully in the 10 year plan we could get a GUI toolkit that
> is "standard" but who knows.
>
> [0]
> https://github.com/rikkimax/alphaPhobos/tree/master/source/std/experimental

10 years? Half the people here will be dead! lol...

The sooner the better. I'm not talking about a massive roundup of
all resources and using them to develop this stuff. Again, much
of the stuff has already been done.

I'm talking about *focus*. A focused mental effort to have a plan
of action. If you built it, they will come! If you don't, well,
they won't.