D forbearance(Official backing of libs)

Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 1 17:41:54 PST 2016

On Saturday, 2 January 2016 at 01:26:30 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> Lastly a GUI toolkit. Of course everyone wants that in Phobos.
> Yeah not going to happen. At least once we have all the more
> core libraries in Phobos we can start experimenting in creating
> them.
>
> Hopefully in the 10 year plan we could get a GUI toolkit that
> is "standard" but who knows.

Allocators took years and many rewrites IIRC.
As of now only Andrei knows how to Design by Introspection so
Though we can know the thought process with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIb3L4vKZ7U

Personally I'm waiting eagerly for guidelines for achieving DbI
with merely human abilities :), else we library-writers make
libraries that look like C++ instead of Phobos-quality.

Let's be patient?