Unclear about the benefits of D over C++ and Java

Dibyendu Majumdar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 2 04:01:20 PST 2016

On Saturday, 2 January 2016 at 11:31:24 UTC, Dibyendu Majumdar
wrote:
> I am a long time observer of D but have never done any coding
> in D. I have considered using D several times but have ended up
> either going with C++ or Java.
>
> I feel that for someone like me it is not clear what
> significant advantages D has over C++ or Java to make a switch.
> I cannot afford to experiment with a language unless I know for
> certain the benefits of using it.
>
> My post here was triggered after watching a video by Andrei
> where he talked about how D generics are different from C++
> templates - I think stuff like that needs to be explained in
> the front page of D website.

To clarify - the reason for my post here is to raise that the
benefits of D over C++ or Java should be explained right up-front
on D website in real world terms (i.e. with examples and
benchmarks) to help people like me.

Regards
Dibyendu