Unclear about the benefits of D over C++ and Java

JerryR via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 2 11:53:04 PST 2016

On Saturday, 2 January 2016 at 11:31:24 UTC, Dibyendu Majumdar
wrote:
> * How stable is D? Can one use it without fear that the next
> version will significantly change the language and therefore
> one would have to rewrite?

I recently discover a problem with breakage when trying to
compile using a newer version of DMD:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/affaugpppegxuxyoilea@forum.dlang.org

Well I don't know how thing are now in fact, but the above wasn't
the first time. And to be honest I already get it that using
languages like D, Rust and Go which "still" are growing is a risk
when talking about non-breakage.

J.