Proposal: Database Engine for D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 2 12:38:06 PST 2016

On Saturday, 2 January 2016 at 19:46:48 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2016-01-02 13:55, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
>
>> They have probably never done professional work with an ORM...
>>
>> Nobody wants that.
>
> Exactly, but tell them ;)

I did:

http://forum.dlang.org/post/mfdjcgykaizbzuuhoupv@forum.dlang.org

But Walter thinks that enforcing object-value comparisons in a
rather limited way is a feature. It is a feature... but it is the
wrong kind of feature... ;) It is an oversimplified and
ineffective solution.

A more sensible approach would be to use type-classes/concepts
for defining what kind of comparison relation a class is required
to provide and then deduce comparison operators based on what the
programmer provides (e.g. if the programmer only provides a
definition for "≤" then the compiler can deduce "<", ">", "≥",

D moved into templates and generics without cleaning up  the
language and is essentially ducktyped and macroish. Like C++. And
Go (just in a different way).

But C++ might start on a change process with C++17/20. We'll see.