extern(C++, ns)

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 2 23:29:36 PST 2016

On 3 January 2016 at 17:04, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 1/2/2016 9:45 PM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>
>> I've been using recursive modules to place extern(C++) declarations in a
>> sensible scope quite a lot. It breaks sometimes, not sure why... suspect
>> it's
>> related to forward referencing, or multiple/semi-circular imports.
>>

> It's a bug if circular imports do not work. But circular imports are not
> allowed in Go, and I consider them as something to avoid. They can be very
> confusing to try and follow.

This is why I talk about 'real-world' code, it's never that simple. String
for instance, there are a lot of string functions; it depends on lots of
stuff, and basically everything depends on string. Examples of circular
references like this are endless, and they're usually foundational things,
at the bottom of the stack.