TIOBE December 2015 - D rose 5 positions

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 3 07:17:46 PST 2016

On Sunday, 3 January 2016 at 14:22:39 UTC, rsw0x wrote:
> On Sunday, 3 January 2016 at 14:15:46 UTC, Bubbasaur wrote:
>> On Sunday, 3 January 2016 at 12:43:13 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
>> wrote:
>>> Github gives a better perspective on actual engagement
>>> outside the close source commercial sector.
>>
>> Well if you take for example Linux, which is one of big open
>> source project out there and I use it, but if you compare
>> against desktop usage vs Windows, it's what 7% of market?
>>
>> I'm not saying that TIOBE is reliable or not, but it has some
>> reasonable numbers like I said above.
>>
>> Some are shocked because Go language, but most of the time
>> that I see an article about Go on Hackernews or Reddit for
>> example, I see a lot of bad commentaries against it. IE:
>> Generics.
>>
>> Bubba.
>
> because it's not in any way accurate
> e.g,
> https://github.com/golang/go/wiki/GoUsers
> vs
> http://wiki.dlang.org/Current_D_Use

As Bubba says, in what way is it not accurate?  You list
corporate usage of Go and D, but his comment wasn't about that.

Also, is there a company like Sociomantic on that Go list, ie
built on the language primarily and externally valued at a couple
hundred million dollars?  Of course, Sociomantic could be a
one-off special case and they're still on D1, but a bunch of
corporate dabblers in Go doesn't say much.  You'd expect that of
a simpler language that's currently hyped more.