extern(C++, ns)

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 3 08:10:35 PST 2016

On 1/3/16 12:19 AM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> I know I'll just get complaints from people to submit bugs; I have
> submit lots, and in many cases, I've tried to, but they're almost
> impossible to produce in isolation, only when a project gets 'real', ie,
> big enough that it's realistic in scope does it all start to break down.
> It's really hard to reduce a bug that I don't understand, somewhere
> among a program with 30-ish interconnected modules.

What I do is make a fresh copy of the project tree, and then start
pruning (heh) that down. Prune, rebuild, prune, rebuild etc. Whatever
makes the error go away put back in (editor "undo" is handy). It takes
some getting used to but it's an effective tool for reducing a bug to
its essentials. I suspect in your case e.g. no function definition is
even necessary - only declarations. -- Andrei