TIOBE December 2015 - D rose 5 positions

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 3 08:24:17 PST 2016

On Sunday, 3 January 2016 at 16:10:49 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> I have no real opinion on the validity of TIOBE

That's sad!!!

> but I think you overrate the importance of github and
> overestimate use of javascript.  Of course, there's no good way
> to settle that question.

Actually there is. If you look at businesses that use Javascript
every single small community has javascript programmers, one way
or the other. Be it a web site company or a advertising company.
All these businesses that dabble with Javascript one way or the
other account for way more employees than the focused software
engineering companies.

A quick search for open positions in norway shows that there are
twice as many matches for "javascript" than for "c++". And
usually such positions are more easy to fill.