D forbearance(Official backing of libs)

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 3 13:10:53 PST 2016

On Sunday, 3 January 2016 at 15:18:30 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> How do you mean that? It can, and it does. It has often
> happened that bugs have been quickly fixed. -- Andrei

Maybe quickly fixed in git, but usually not in the user's system
since the average user waits for the next release to update
Phobos.. which sometimes breaks their build.

My libs are just independent files they can download at any time
with little risk.

To test a new version of simpledisplay.d for example:

mv simpledisplay.d simpledisplay.d.old
wget
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adamdruppe/arsd/master/simpledisplay.d
make

And see what happens. No need to mess with git dmd or anything
like you do to use a prerelease Phobos version.