vibe.d benchmarks

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 3 23:31:53 PST 2016

Am 04.01.2016 um 04:27 schrieb Etienne Cimon:
> On Sunday, 3 January 2016 at 22:16:08 UTC, Nick B wrote:
>> can someone tell me what changes need to be commited, so that we have
>> a chance at getting some decent (or even average) benchmark numbers ?
>
> Considering that the best benchmarks are from tools that have all the C
> calls inlined, I think the best optimizations would be in pragma(inline,
> true), even doing inlining for fiber context changes.

Fiber context changes are not a significant influence. I've created a
proof of concept HTTP-server based in vanilla OS calls a while ago and
got almost no slowdown compared to using only callbacks. The performance
level was around 200% of current vibe.d.

Having said that, the latest version (0.7.27-alpha.3) contains some
important performance optimizations over 0.7.26 and should be used for
comparisons. 0.7.26 also had a performance regression related to allocators.