Proposal: Database Engine for D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 4 05:26:51 PST 2016

On Monday, 4 January 2016 at 11:19:38 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>ou didn't address my points. Have you used C++ ETs for
> production? They fall apart in real world use for the reasons I
> mentioned. It's one thing to read a paper about something, and
> another to use it for something larger than will fit on a slide.

You are assuming template expressions. I am not. The main
overhead when interacting with databases is network traffic,
building the query should be done at runtime. No need for
templates.

I am in favour of having a clean core language (minimal language
after desugaring/lowering) that can be manipulated using term
rewriting/symbolic manipulation (or ast macros). But that sounds
more like D4 than D2...?