DMD now does Dwarf style exception handling!

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 5 01:17:15 PST 2016

On 3 Jan 2016 1:20 am, "Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d" <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, 2 January 2016 at 21:16:38 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>> What I've been working on for the last month or so.
>>
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/5324
>>
>> For Linux 64 anyway. Anyone who wants to do PRs to extend it to Linux
32, OSX and FreeBSD, feel free! Unfortunately, this is of no help with
Win64, which uses its own unique system. DMD for Win32 already can catch
C++ exceptions, but Win32 is a dead platform.

>> This is an enabling technology that will confer on D the ability to
catch C++ exceptions, which is key to interaction with native C++ libraries.

>> Next up: actually catching C++ exceptions!
>>
>> Thanks to everyone who helped out with this.
>

> Congrats!
>
> What is involved in catching C++ exceptions? Was this the hard part of
the whole thing?

Catching from any foreign language that interacts with the same EH
interface should be easy.  Just bear in mind that each language may put the
thrown object proper in a different place.