DMD now does Dwarf style exception handling!

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 5 03:21:48 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 11:13:30 UTC, welkam wrote:
> People who pay 0$ should not dictate what Walther should be
> doing.

I agree.
What should be questioned is the viability of the strategy.

1. The core of game engine libraries don't use exceptions... So
the exception handling focus is misguided.

2. Modern performant C++ libraries use templating through and
through... D has not strategy for interfacing with these.

How are you going to solve that with D? D's C++ support will be
obsolete before it is finished.

Meaning: it only make sense if you bind to your own C++ libraries
or legacy C++ code.

> I guess D will have best interoperability with c++ out of all
> languages.

Nope. Objective-C++ has full C++ support.