DMD now does Dwarf style exception handling!

welkam via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 5 04:51:11 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 11:21:48 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> 1. The core of game engine libraries don't use exceptions... So
> the exception handling focus is misguided.
>
> 2. Modern performant C++ libraries use templating through and
> through... D has not strategy for interfacing with these.
>
> How are you going to solve that with D? D's C++ support will be
> obsolete before it is finished.

I dont think there are plans for full C++ interoperability but
some interop is better than none. People wont be rewriting
millions of c++ code to D so interop is must, but supporting full
c++ 14 spec is just too much to ask. If you cant modify c++
library and it is using templates then you`ll have to stick to
c++.

> Nope. Objective-C++ has full C++ support.

first time hearing about it