DMD now does Dwarf style exception handling!

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 5 05:30:36 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 12:51:11 UTC, welkam wrote:
>> Nope. Objective-C++ has full C++ support.
>
> first time hearing about it

You can just rename an Objective-C or C++ file to ".mm" and you
get an Objetive-C++ file. So if I have some files in Objective-C
where I need interop with C++ I rename it to ".mm" and can
include C++ headers directly. Or the other way, if I want to add
Objective-C interfacing to C++ code.

I assume I can use it for interfacing indirectly with Swift on
Linux as well?? So, for me Swift/Objective-C++/C++/C currently
looks more attractive than D2/C++ because I _should_ be able to
get 100% C++14/17 support by having an Objective-C++ binding
layer below Swift.

(might not make sense for people that don't know Objective-C)