What are you planning for 2016?

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 5 07:32:52 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 12:27:12 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> I wonder what kind of programming people plan or _hope_ to use
> D for in 2016?

I've just finished with the initial version of my project to
embed R inside D. Hopefully now I can convince other economists
to use it.

I might put together a simple web interface (using D of course)
that will improve my research collaboration efforts. The earliest
I will have time to work on it will be the summer.

> What would it take for you to use D instead, or what changes
> would be needed for you to move from language X to D?

No changes. I'm lucky enough to be in a position to choose my
language and lucky enough that D works well.