Google Summer of Code 2016

CraigDillabaugh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 5 14:38:10 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 22:28:40 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> On Monday, 4 January 2016 at 22:58:43 UTC, CraigDillabaugh
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 31 December 2015 at 23:58:32 UTC, Craig
>> Dillabaugh wrote:
>>> The deadline for the Google Summer of Code, 2016 is February
>>> 19th. Which means we have about a month and a half to put
>>> something together.  For the time being I've recycled last
>>> years projects (with one dropped so far):
>>>
>>> http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2016_Ideas#Ideas
>>>

> What do you think about the idea of building higher-level
> bindings for Apple mobile + Android as a project, now that the
> compiler itself is at a useful stage of development?

I generally don't take a stand one way or the other on the
projects, but rather let the community chime in, since in many
cases (like this one) I am not terribly familiar with the problem
space.

So any opinions on this project idea are welcomed.

Would you be willing to mentor such a project, or put together an
outline (see the ideas page for some examples) of what the
project would look like?  If the community likes the project
idea, but you can't mentor it then perhaps we can find someone
who would be.