Regex benchmarks in Rust, Scala, D and F#

rsw0x via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 5 15:44:30 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 23:24:24 UTC, Messenger wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 20:04:35 UTC, rsw0x wrote:
>>[...]
>
> Anyone on linux who could imgur a callgraph please? Premature
> optimisation and all that.

nearly all the time is spent inside the regex itself and
filtering out empty results, moving the file to /tmp(ramdisk)
does nothing for performance

with the way the problem is structured I'm not sure how it could
be changed beyond some micro-optimizations, as you can't use
matchAll afaict because the benchmark requires it to be
line-by-line

well, you probably could
I just don't feel like coding it because I hate regex