Google Summer of Code 2016

Craig Dillabaugh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 5 18:56:32 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 6 January 2016 at 02:27:05 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> On 06/01/16 11:28 AM, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
>> On Monday, 4 January 2016 at 22:58:43 UTC, CraigDillabaugh
clip

> For Android you really need an easy way to interface with JNI.
> And that means another library.
> There is a library that really isn't complete [0], is my fork.
>
> I made the JNI bindings be derelict style.
> If the demand is there I'll move them over to alphaPhobos with
> my updated DerelictUtil loader.
>
> jvm.d is a bit cleaner and has comments.
> It is also very magical in loading and will make things 'just
> work'.
> I.e. it patches up stdout ext. on Windows.
>
> I also did some serious clean up regarding to the abstractions
> around fields, classes and methods.
>
> Craig Dillabaugh if you are interested in working on this with
> me, please let me know.
>
> [0] https://github.com/rikkimax/djvm

Do you mean me, or Laeeth Isharc?  The only Android/Apple device
I have is a second hand iPhone that I've only ever used to take a
few pictures and listen to the music left on it by the guy who
gave it to me.  So I am likely not a good candidate to get
involved in work on such bindings.  Heck, I don't even know what
JNI is!