What are you planning for 2016?

wobbles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 6 03:54:01 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 12:27:12 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> I wonder what kind of programming people plan or _hope_ to use
> D for in 2016?
>
> Do you have plans to:
>
> 6. create runtime less programs (games, embedded)?
Am currently knee deep in my first game in D. Using DTiled and
DSFML, has been very fun so far.
A rogue-like nomadic city-builder. (That's a thing?!)

> 7. work on the D language/phobos ?
I don't have the knowledge or skills sadly. I will attempt to
help out on the  documentation at some stage.

> What other languages do you think you will use or toy with in
> 2016 and for what purpose?

Been using Groovy more and more in work.
Will also sadly have to write Java code for some in-house Jenkins
plugins.

Personally, I've been using D a lot more in work recently, and
quick and dirty tools I need I always go to D first.
One example, we use sysstat to monitor all our servers resource
usage, and had no centralised way to view those stats. I wrote a
vibe.d service to do just that, plotting the data via plotly.js.
I might clean it up and put it up on Github actually... could be
useful to someone.