What are you planning for 2016?

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 6 05:42:00 PST 2016

On 2016-01-05 13:27, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

> 3. create web services with vibe.d?

I would like to try for work.

> 4. run D apps in the cloud?
>
> 5. run D apps on mobile?
>
> 6. create runtime less programs (games, embedded)?
>
> 7. work on the D language/phobos ?

* I'm currently working on native TLS for OS X. Hopefully it will be
ready soon, if I can manage to solve the remaining bug(s)

* At some point I need to get std.serialization ready
* Get more of the Objective-C support into upstream

> 8. or something else?

In no particular order:

* JPort, a tool to convert Java to D, for DWT - Not written in D though
* Fixing bugs in the D TextMate grammar, used by GitHub as well
* Enhancing the D TextMate bundle, i.e. adding support for DCD
* Maintaining existing projects, DVM, DStep, DWT

Probably some other stuff I can't recall right now.

> What would it take for you to use D instead, or what changes would be
> needed for you to move from language X to D?

For work that would mean libraries for connecting to PostgreSQL and
RabbitMQ. Ideally compatible with vibe.d.

--
/Jacob Carlborg