Redesign of dlang.org

welkam via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 7 07:33:18 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 6 January 2016 at 11:35:12 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> Also check out http://d-ag0aep6g.rhcloud.com/ where I'm
> currently working on the implementation. It's a little
> different from the mockup, precisely because I'm trying not to
> drop features/content.

So I meditated and came to conclusion that there is too much text
and I didnt find any way of laying it in this new design that
would be a nice sales pitch. D is big (thats what she said) and
there is a lots to talk about, but people want TL;DR version.

On the other hand changing "why D" section requires more work and
we lack spare hands.

in http://d-ag0aep6g.rhcloud.com/

comunity, learn, documentation and packages are redundant. They
either should be in meniu or not on front page. And if there are
redundant links they should be in footer.

Now documentation.

anonymous:http://d-ag0aep6g.rhcloud.com/phobos/std_algorithm_iteration.html

Me playing around:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ofJyypw1tGa29aTGNVQVJQcVk/view?usp=sharing

Open them both and just look at them for 10 sec. Dont scroll
because I put 0 work after License:. Just look at them and write
which one has bigger strain on you eyes.

IMHO everyone who is working on improving website should get on
skype or hangouts and make a plan. Now Ivan made new design for
documentation, anonymous also put some work, Adam is cooking
something up. I smell lots of redundant work ahead