Browsing D compiler source code

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 7 09:21:20 PST 2016

On Thursday, 7 January 2016 at 14:32:32 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> The recent conversion of the D compiler source code opens up
> the practicality of using Ddoc on the code.

There's been nothing stopping people from commenting dmd's source
in the past, but it barely has any.

I guess anything to encourage more would be good. Though I think
it is VERY important to comment on the why in implementation.

Knowing what things do is nice, and we could use some comments
(especially on the module level!), but that basically makes sense
once you get into it and there's a wiki article to help you get
started.

The why can be extremely hard to figure out looking at the code
alone though.