Extending Objective-C from D.

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 9 02:41:15 PST 2016

On 2016-01-09 11:09, Jeremie Pelletier wrote:
> Hello, I'm trying to see if I can write a full Cocoa app in D, and I'm
> having trouble creating D classes when the underlying Objective-C
> interfaces have methods.

D doesn't yet support implementing Objective-C methods or classes in D.
It currently only supports binding to existing Objective-C classes and
instance methods. If you need anything more than that you either need to
wait until that is implemented or fall back to using the Objective-C
runtime functions [1].

[1]
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ObjCRuntimeRef/

--