TIOBE December 2015 - D rose 5 positions

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 9 09:42:56 PST 2016

On Saturday, 9 January 2016 at 17:29:34 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Saturday, 9 January 2016 at 16:58:15 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> On Saturday, 9 January 2016 at 14:01:20 UTC, Ola Fosheim
>> Grøstad wrote:
>>> Copy protection. Anti-piracy measure in hardware.
>>
>> Heh, the web had none until very recently, and that's
>> something most businesses don't use.
>
> If you run a critical part of an application on the server,
> then piracy becomes more difficult. Key example is online games.

Oh, I thought you were talking about DRM; in that sense, sure.

>> Right, my original question was what changed in the tech so
>> that you're now impressed?  Since you don't name anything,
>> doesn't sound like anything in the tech itself caused the
>> change in your impression.
>
> JavaScript performance, lots of new standards implemented
> across the board, ranging from offline storage to 3D and
> animation apis.

It sounds like you like the application framework they've turned
the web into, whereas for me, it's like constructing a rickety
building on a deeply flawed foundation.  Time will tell which of
us is right. :)