[dlang.org] getting the redesign wrapped up

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 10 13:14:02 PST 2016

On Sunday, 10 January 2016 at 17:17:44 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 1/10/16 10:23 AM, anonymous wrote:
>> On 10.01.2016 16:11, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> Do you have a PR in place yet?
>>
>> Here we go:
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/1187
>
> ...aaaaaand we're live. Congratulations and many thanks to the
> folks who worked on this! -- Andrei

That's awesome. Now :
  - I have no idea what the code sample is doing. The code sample
is not for me or anyone that already knows D, but for newcomer
that wonder what the hell D is about. If I can't understand it at
first glance, then it is missing it's goal BY FAR.
  - Learn barely make the cut on my 15' monitor. That's way too
low. If one doesn't know D, one doesn't care about news,
community or whatever.
  - Widget are still broken on https.
  - The download button is small while surrounded by wasted grey
area. BIG FAT DOWNLOAD WANTED, DEAD OR ALIVE.
  - Please don't make me click on the menus. You can also make
them work with pure CSS using :hover
  - A light touch of green would make the page much nicer
(complementary color, all that good fun).
  - Look and feel of packages and forum need to follow.

While I complains like a grumpy old man, I'd like to congrats
people that makes this happen. This is very good for D. Good job.