[dlang.org] getting the redesign wrapped up

anonymous via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 10 13:57:31 PST 2016

On 10.01.2016 18:02, Saurabh Das wrote:
> On the font used, Roboto Slab: I feel that the serif nature of the font
> makes it clash with the clean design. A sans serif font would look much
> better.

At first I felt so, too, but the font grew on me. I think it works well.

> "Your Code Here" widget
> -----------------------------
[...]
> I suggest displaying the first 7-9 lines of code in the box and either
> making the box scrollable, or making it so that clicking on the box
> expands it to show the entire code.

I'd rather just put a hard limit on the length of examples. But
scrollable/expandable code would be better than a large empty void below
the download button.

> The "Sort lines" example is about the right size. The "Round floating
> point numbers" is a bit large.

I agree that "Round floating point numbers" is a tad too long. I think
it's in an acceptable area, though.