extern(C++, ns)

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 11 11:47:59 PST 2016

On 1/11/2016 10:58 AM, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> No need to explain. I'm just showing that the name lookup that might be expected
> from a C++ namespace, doesn't work. I suspect that's Manus' argument: if it gets
> unusable so easily then why add it it in the first place?

I suspect that people are thinking that "std.map" is being looked up. That is
not the case. "std" is looked up, and if that is successful on its own, then
"map" is looked up.

Looking up "std.map" occurs nowhere in D or C++, why do people impute this behavior?

> As the usual disambiguation techniques work I'm not sure the additional symbol
> does any harm, though.

Hence my wondering what the actual problem Manu is having is.