extern(C++, ns)

Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 11 16:18:31 PST 2016

On 01/11/2016 10:12 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/11/2016 12:56 PM, Timon Gehr wrote:
>> This not an undefined identifier error.
>
> Please post an example of the bug you assert.

I can't, as Manu hasn't provided the code.
I'm just saying that, if the following is true:

On 01/11/2016 02:20 AM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> As a quick test, I changed extern(C++, ns), to extern(C++) in the
> files where it couldn't find anything, and all the symbols became
> visible and everything worked as it should (except obviously I
> couldn't link).

Then this indicates the existence of a compiler bug. I.e. it is not
possible that there is no bug related to name lookup in namespaces, as
otherwise symbols wouldn't go from invisible to visible by removing the
wrapping namespace.