extern(C++, ns)

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 11 20:29:00 PST 2016

On 12 January 2016 at 13:17, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 01/11/2016 10:00 PM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, I'll get to it as I can. It's just a lot of fiddling and I've
>> already spent all my time on this.
>

> Thanks, Manu. This is awesome stuff. Code that should work but doesn't is
> the best way to press things forward. -- Andrei

It's a painful proposition though. Can you see the pointless-ness of
this feature and the effort being asked?
It is against my interest to spend time (that I don't have) to make
this feature work, when I am 100% convinced it is a massive
anti-feature and I just want to see it ejected into space. It creates
nothing but edges and offers nothing. Not a single advantage that
anyone has yet been able present.
The solution is simple, and solves every related issue instantly.
There's no point wasting time identifying and fixing bugs in an
implementation that shouldn't exist in the first place. This never
should have happened, we can correct it easily, no effort from anyone
is required, and we can all get on with something else.

Do you also feel somehow emotionally attached to this? Give me a
thread of logic to grasp on to; there is no way I can imagine to
objectively balance the existence of this feature against the
problems. We already see here demonstrated evidence of someone other
than me going out of their way to awkwardly eliminate the namespace
from existence. It should at least be opt-in by default.

Anyway, I'm out, I'll be back when I find time for another round at this code.