Proposal: Database Engine for D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 12 05:20:09 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 12 January 2016 at 12:53:29 UTC, w0rp wrote:
> I've played with the idea of using operator overloading for
> some kind of ORM before, but I don't think it's strictly
> necessary to use operator overloading for an ORM at all. Maybe
> in some cases it might make sense.

The question is whether we want to provide a comparable
experience to other languages or not.  What is desired depends on
what other languages provide for a particular application area?

The ability to create abstractions is important for a language
like D since that is supposed to be a primary feature.