"Good PR" mechanical check

rsw0x via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 12 10:31:04 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 12 January 2016 at 18:25:48 UTC, tsbockman wrote:
> On Tuesday, 12 January 2016 at 13:34:25 UTC, Andrei
> Alexandrescu wrote:
>> [...]
>
> I realize that dfmt may need some upgrades first, but isn't it
> about time to just suck it up and dfmt the whole of phobos and
> druntime?
>
> It will mess with the "git blame", true - but it will do so
> *once* and end tedious manual inspection of formatting for pull
> requests forever.

Doubt I'm alone in that I'd be more willing to contribute if
phobos and druntime used dfmt. I personally use a style near the
complete opposite of phobos/druntime (2 spaces per indent, OTBS
etc.) It's a chore to have to scrutinize every line to make sure
it matches the style guide instead of just running it through a
tool.