[dlang.org] new forum design - preview

Saurabh Das via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 13 09:13:13 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 13 January 2016 at 16:40:20 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 01/13/2016 11:38 AM, Dmitry wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 13 January 2016 at 14:51:12 UTC, Andrei
>> Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> Could you please post a screenshot and also your particulars
>>> (OS,
>>> browser)? Thx! -- Andrei
>>
>> I don't meant that this is a technical problem. Problem is for
>> peoples,
>> who knows English not very good.
>> That font has many small parts (serifs) and some chars is very
>> narrow.
>> For example, «r» has very small tail (? sorry, my English is
>> bad, I mean
>> «t» is
>> narrow and little simialr with «l», etc, + space between
>> characters is
>> very small. Therefore I need read it very slow. Of course,
>> after some
>> time I will read it more fast, but currently no.
>> Here can be different solutions - maybe add one-two themes with
>> different fonts, or I can just use external css (as example,
>> via
>> browser's plugins) for redefine the font.
>>
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78963719/D/forum/dlang.png
>> Windows 7 x64, Opera/Chrome/Firefox
>
> This is an interesting point. Vladimir, what do you think? Thx!
> -- Andrei

+1 for Sans-serif fonts! I find them much easier to read too :)
(anonymous has assured me that this font will grow on me though).

The page is too white. The style looks good on the main website,
but on the forum makes it difficult to read.

Would prefer the dropdowns in the headers to toggle automatically
on mouseover (with a click for mobile ofcourse). I like that the
headers will be consistent across the website now.