[dlang.org] new forum design - preview

Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 13 11:18:57 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 13 January 2016 at 06:01:41 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> http://beta.forum.dlang.org/
>
> https://github.com/CyberShadow/DFeed/pull/51

I like it better than the old design which, however the
information displayed could be cut a bit imho.

> There are 539,207 posts, 84,471 threads, and 1,972 registered
> users on this forum.
> You have read a total of 1 forum post during your visits.
> Random tip: You can focus a message with j/k and press u to
> mark it as unread, to remind you to read it later.

I think at least these 3 tips should be at the bottom of the page
not the top.

Number of threads vs Number of posts: it is signal most active
forums, but this information is redundant I feel (number of
threads and number of posts are likely proportional).

I also feel like it's not necessary to underline non-hovered
links, this makes everything underlined.