extern(C++, ns)

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 13 17:33:01 PST 2016

On 13 January 2016 at 16:51, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 1/12/2016 8:46 PM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> Of course, it would save a lot of effort if you agreed that the design
> is wrong, and none of us need to do anything further.
>
> I regard it as crucial to determine the cause of your problems before
> assuming it is the design.

I managed to quickly reduce to this point again:

module m.x;
alias X2 = X;
extern (C++, ns) struct X {}

Error: undefined identifier 'X'

I was using the nightly from the other night that I used to test the
alias fix, but it seems to be the same thing.
I figured I must be using the wrong toolchain somehow, purged DMD from
my machine, confirmed the compiler was gone from path, got the nightly
from last night: (https://builds.dawg.eu/dmd-2016-01-13/), tried it
again, same error.
Not sure... I tested this fix the other day, but now I'm seeing it
again. That patch was merged right? Should be present in the nightly?