[dlang.org] new forum design - preview

tn via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 14 07:29:04 PST 2016

On Thursday, 14 January 2016 at 12:31:51 UTC, w0rp wrote:
> I love this redesign.
>
> Anyone who complains about not taking up the full width of the
> screen is wrong. If lines stretch on eternally, they become
> harder to scan with your eyes. It's a well known effect which
> has been studied and documented. There is some difference of
> opinion on what the maximum should be, but the hard limit seems
> to be 110 CPL. 80 CPL or 90 CPL are commonly used. You have to
> stop expanding elements at some point.

I don't use my browser in full screen mode, but the useless white
margins are still there. With the horizontal-split mode the line
length of the message is less than 60 characters. Compared to
that, I would be happy with 80 or 90 you suggest.

Besides, especially the margin that is on the left side of the
navigation bar looks ugly, like it was rendered improperly.