Choosing D over C++, Go, Rust, Swift

Dibyendu Majumdar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 14 07:32:10 PST 2016

On Thursday, 14 January 2016 at 14:40:05 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 January 2016 at 13:47:39 UTC, Dibyendu Majumdar
> wrote:
>
>> I did find that I had to go through many articles, video
>> presentations etc. to form my conclusions - it would have been
>> nice if there was a single page on the D website that
>> explained why D should be chosen over the other competing
>> languages. The information is all there but scattered all over
>> the place.
>
> Do you have specific suggestions for improvements? The
> difficulty is predicting where someone will look for that
> information.

I think a prominent Link saying - Why choose D? on the home page.
and maybe initially this could take to another page with links to
articles, videos etc. But longer term it would better to have a
more structured presentation of the benefits. Example - show with
examples what can be done with D templates that is hard or not
possible with C++. And similarly with other languages.

I would suggest very aggressive 'marketing' of D advantages.

Regards