Choosing D over C++, Go, Rust, Swift

Dibyendu Majumdar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 14 12:33:50 PST 2016

On Thursday, 14 January 2016 at 17:10:34 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 January 2016 at 13:47:39 UTC, Dibyendu Majumdar
> wrote:
>> I did find that I had to go through many articles, video
>> presentations etc. to form my conclusions - it would have been
>> nice if there was a single page on the D website that
>> explained why D should be chosen over the other competing
>> languages. The information is all there but scattered all over
>> the place.
>
> http://dlang.org/overview.html

Nice - but it is under Getting Started? So it assumes people
already want to get started in D? Why not put the first few
sections on the main page.

Another example of what I think ought to be easily accessible is
Andrei's response to following:

https://www.quora.com/Which-language-has-the-brightest-future-in-replacement-of-C-between-D-Go-and-Rust-And-Why

Anyway, I am glad that there is material out there and that I was
able to find what I needed!

Regards
Dibyendu